FA Vase: Ipswich Wanderers, Hadleigh United, Stanway Rovers and Brantham Athletic learn fate
- Credit: Archant
The draw for the Second Round of the FA Vase has been made.
Thurlown Nunn Premier Division side Ipswich Wanderers’ reward for defeating Cockfosters, 1-0, at home on Saturday, is an away tie at Stansted-based St Margaretsbury, who play in the Spartan South Midlands Football League Premier Division.
Meanwhile, Wanderers’ league rivals Hadleigh United, face a trip to Thurlow Nunn Division One mid-table outfit, Great Yarmouth Town. Hadleigh, managed by Stuart Crawford, reached the fifth round of the competition last season, losing 2-1 at home to Wisbech Town.
Elsewhere, Stanway Rovers travel to play Watford-based Sun Sports, while Brantham Athletic go on the road to Wembley, having been drawn against Wembley FC.
Brantham have been the region’s main Vase protagonists in the last couple of years, losing in the Fourth Round against East Preston last season and to Shildon, in the last-16, in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
The ties are scheduled for 22 November and the winners will each pick up £1,200 from The FA’s prize fund.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 7 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Crash between two motorbikes
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move