Fabian cleared for Sunderland clash
FABIAN Wilnis will be available to play against Sunderland on Sunday after a scan revealed no break in an injured wrist, writes Derek Davis.The Dutch defender is being treated for a sprained wrist and that will not stop him taking part in the top-of-the-league encounter at the Stadium of Light.
FABIAN Wilnis will be available to play against Sunderland on Sunday after a scan revealed no break in an injured wrist, writes Derek Davis.
The Dutch defender is being treated for a sprained wrist and that will not stop him taking part in the top-of-the-league encounter at the Stadium of Light.
Tommy Miller is also hoping to be involved, after a second X-ray confirmed he did not have a fractured left elbow.
Although still painful, the injury, picked up during the 1-0 win over Leeds United, is now believed to be ligament damage, which will take up to six weeks to heal fully.
You may also want to watch:
But the Easington-born midfielder, who has family in Sunderland, could be strapped up to play.
Jason De Vos is still feeling tender after taking a whack on the same thigh that has been troubling him for a couple of weeks.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
The Canadian skipper missed the World Cup qualifying game in Guatemala to stay with his Town team-mates, but is just doing light training as a precaution.
Back-up keeper Lewis Price is nursing a sore groin, which forced him to miss the reserve team loss against Spurs on Monday. Shane Supple is on stand-by to go on the bench if Price fails to recover sufficiently.
Town will also hope that Shefki Kuqi returns from international duty with Finland in Italy without any damage, while Darren Bent started for England Under-21s last night in Spain.
Dean Bowditch is expected to start for the England Under-19s against France at Barnsley on Thursday.
Sunderland will be without Carl Robinson, who will be out for a month after an operation to repair a broken nose.
Robinson would have missed the Town game anyway, after picking up five bookings, and also needs treatment to a foot injury.
His place in midfield will be taken by either on-loan Darren Carter or Dean Whitehead, while Sean Thornton is also in contention for a return.