Local Show bids for fifth win of the season at Fakenham point-to-point
- Credit: Archant
The West Norfolk Hunt point-to-point being held on Sunday at Fakenham Racecourse is the only meeting that takes place in Norfolk during the season.
There are two pony races from 1.15pm before the first of six point-to-point races at 2pm.
The opening race for veteran/novice riders sees recent winners Local Show, Abbey Lane and Dido entered. Local Show and William Humphrey are looking for their fifth win of the season.
The second race sees Postbridge, a stable companion of Local Show, holding an entry having been beaten in a driving finish by Chapelier at High Easter last week, whilst Silvergrove has been placed in two hunter chases on his return to action following a year out.
Of the five entries received for the Ladies Open, two are provided by the Turner family. Their Sa Kaldoun has been placed in all four start this season, running respectable races behind Laurium, Top Smart and Start Royal.
You may also want to watch:
Tullys Touch is entered in both this race and the Mens Open. The 6-year-old was ridden to victory by Gina Andrews at Garthorpe last time.
Along with Tullys Touch and the aforementioned Silvergrove, the Men’s Open entries include the first and second from last seasons “Restricted Final” Hunter ‘Chase at Stratford, namely Caryto des Brosses and Steeles Terrace.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
Caryto des Brosses won a Mixed Open at Garthorpe, on his only start, in a similar time to that achieved by Tullys Touch on the same day.
Multimedia will be in search of a “home” win in the Restricted race for meeting secretary Julia Whales, whilst in the concluding Maiden race, trainer Andrew Pennock could unleash a newcomer to these shores in Champagne Vintage.
- Fakenham racecourse is situated two miles west of the town (sat nav NR21 7NY)
Adults cost £12, with under 16s admitted free. Visit www.pointingea.com for more information.