Faldo Series success for Jack
THE first of four regional finals for the Faldo Series was played at Walton Heath where there was success for Jack Clarke of Chelmsford, the Essex men's champion, in the under 18 section.
By Tony Garnett
THE first of four regional finals for the Faldo Series was played at Walton Heath where there was success for Jack Clarke of Chelmsford, the Essex men's champion, in the under 18 section. He has qualified for the final at Celtic Manor between October 9 and 11. Clarke took third place with rounds of 74 and 75.
David Thomas of Braintree (81 and 76) missed out in the same age group while Alasdair Gillan of Ipswich finished sixth in the under 16 age group with 86 and 88.
The regional qualifier at Forest of Arden on August 29 involves six Suffolk players, three of them among the eight in the under 16 section.
You may also want to watch:
Players at Forest of Arden include: Under 21: Ben Kerr (Newmarket Links), Chase Davis (Costessey Park). Under 18: Michael Swan (Stoke by Nayland), Chris Boshier (Royal West Norfolk). Under 17: Liam Brace (Stoke by Nayland), Stuart Ballingall (Dunston Hall). Under 16: Hugo Dobson (Fynn Valley), Alastair Hall (Bungay) and Rhodri Harston (Felixstowe Ferry), Charles Bright (Royal Cromer). Under 15: Adam Woodhead (Newton Green), Luke Johnson (King's Lynn).
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints