Fans divided over cult hero's free move
Fans' reaction to Reuser's free transfer'I'm staggered by the news. It is ridiculous. We have been waiting for him to get back in the team and do the business for us and now this.
Fans' reaction to Reuser's free transfer
'I'm staggered by the news. It is ridiculous. We have been waiting for him to get back in the team and do the business for us and now this. I would much rather he was in the team than Jermaine Wright. If you are going to give someone a free transfer why not him instead?
I really think this could come back and haunt Ipswich. They are playing a dangerous game and woebetide the club at the end of the season if we don't get promoted.
I have been a supporter for 40 years but I shall be seriously reconsidering renewing my season ticket if it all goes wrong now.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Giddings, Shotley
'It is down to pure economics, we obviously need to get players off the payroll and giving Reuser a free may well tempt someone into taking him before the end of the month. Upson's move to Birmingham has curtailed any further move from them for Hermann, Marcus Bent to Spurs, Fulham or West Ham, I would have to say that there are many other strikers ahead of him so that route looks closed. Seemingly no one will match Holland's salary and the two Darrens – who is going to buy them to sit in the stiffs for another season or so? Therefore we have to look at other routes. We have not seen him at all this season, will he be the player he was?
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
David Goodchild, East Bergholt
'I can't believe it. After being on the bench and the crowd calling for him I thought he would be in the side rather than get a transfer. This will cause uproar among supporters but I can see why it has been done. He has not played this season and we have shown we can play without him and have climbed the table.'
Karl Fuller, Clacton
I'm a season ticket-holder in the North Stand and even the sight of Reuser warming up as a sub is enough to start chants of his name. So many times he seemed to make the difference. This free transfer isn't going to go down well with the fans, to put it mildly.
Chris Mills, Ipswich