Felixstowe & Walton United dugout will be empty at start of next season
RIDGEONS League side Felixstowe & Walton United will start next season without their management team in the dugout.
Manager Kevin Witchalls, assistant Rob Charles and coach Glenn Snell have been banned from the touchline for at least two matches, a move that will come into effect from April 30 – two days after the club’s final match of the current season at home to Dereham Town.
The bans are as a result of the Ridgeons League Premier Division match at the Goldstar Ground against Hadleigh United on March 20 which the visitors won 2-1.
Colchester-based referee John Magill sent off Felixstowe’s Ben Garnham and Josh Capocci during the game and they have since served three and two-match bans respectively.
Five of the other six charges were dealt with by a Suffolk FA disciplinary committee as follows:
You may also want to watch:
The club was fined �75 and warned as to its responsibilities after being found guilty of failing to ensure supporters conduct themselves in an orderly fashion.
Assistant manager Rob Charles was banned for five matches and fined �60 after being found guilty of improper conduct/ bringing the game into disrepute.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
This took into account his previous record of misconduct which saw him receive a �150 fine earlier in the season.
Manager Kevin Witchalls was banned for three games and fined �40 after being found guilty of improper conduct/bringing the game into disrepute.
Glenn Snell, also registered as a player, was banned for two matches and fined �30 after being found guilty of abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour.
Ben Garnham was banned for three games and fined �40 after being found guilty of improper conduct and abusive and/or insulting words.
The eighth charge of having more than the requisite number of officials standing in the technical area, brought by the Ridgeons League and is being dealt with separately.
Adrian Hakes, secretary of Felixstowe & Walton United, said: “I personally think this was a one-off situation. You don’t go from winning the Fair Play award two months previously, as we did, to this in one game.”