Felixstowe & Walton United set to face Ipswich Town in Suffolk Premier Cup
IPSWICH Town will be away to Felixstowe & Walton United in the quarter-finals of the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup - assuming the Blues win their first-round tie at Walsham-le-Willows.
The Portman Road club, who have re-entered the competition for the first time since the 2009/10 season, visit Summer Road next Wednesday in the one outstanding tie of this season’s first round.
And if they advance past Walsham to the last eight of the competition they will face another Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outfit in the quarter-finals in the week beginning January 7, 2013.
Felixstowe & Walton, who are set to announce their new manager on Monday, scored twice in the final ten minutes to defeat Mildenhall Town 2-1 on Tuesday night to set up the potential money-spinning tie at the Goldstar Ground.
Holders Lowestoft Town will travel to Hadleigh United, who caused an upset by putting out Needham Market thanks to a 2-1 win on Tuesday night.
Bury Town, beaten 4-2 in last season’s showpiece final at Portman Road, will be at home to Kirkley & Pakefield, who had a bye in the first round.
Leiston, who required extra time and penalties to dispose of Haverhill Rovers in the first round, will entertain Woodbridge, who also had a first-round bye.
- 1 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 4 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 5 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 9 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 10 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut
Full quarter-final draw: Bury Town v Kirkley & Pakefield, Felixstowe & Walton Utd v Ipswich Town or Walsham-le-Willows, Leiston v Woodbridge Town, Hadleigh Utd v Lowestoft Town.
Ties are scheduled to be played in the week beginning January 7, 2013.