Felixstowe & Walton United set to face Ipswich Town in Suffolk Premier Cup
IPSWICH Town will be away to Felixstowe & Walton United in the quarter-finals of the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup - assuming the Blues win their first-round tie at Walsham-le-Willows.
The Portman Road club, who have re-entered the competition for the first time since the 2009/10 season, visit Summer Road next Wednesday in the one outstanding tie of this season’s first round.
And if they advance past Walsham to the last eight of the competition they will face another Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outfit in the quarter-finals in the week beginning January 7, 2013.
Felixstowe & Walton, who are set to announce their new manager on Monday, scored twice in the final ten minutes to defeat Mildenhall Town 2-1 on Tuesday night to set up the potential money-spinning tie at the Goldstar Ground.
Holders Lowestoft Town will travel to Hadleigh United, who caused an upset by putting out Needham Market thanks to a 2-1 win on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Bury Town, beaten 4-2 in last season’s showpiece final at Portman Road, will be at home to Kirkley & Pakefield, who had a bye in the first round.
Leiston, who required extra time and penalties to dispose of Haverhill Rovers in the first round, will entertain Woodbridge, who also had a first-round bye.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Full quarter-final draw: Bury Town v Kirkley & Pakefield, Felixstowe & Walton Utd v Ipswich Town or Walsham-le-Willows, Leiston v Woodbridge Town, Hadleigh Utd v Lowestoft Town.
Ties are scheduled to be played in the week beginning January 7, 2013.