Fen Tigers are close to completion after signings of Ruddick and Rumsey
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall’s 2015 team is now close to completion with the signing of exciting newcomer Luke Ruddick and returning 2013 Fen Tiger Liam Rumsey.
Ruddick will be a new name to many but the Berwick-based 16-year-old made a big impression on those who witnessed his performances in his two appearances in the 2014 British Youth Championship.
He won the Northside round in June before storming to victory in the final round of the series at Redcar taking some notable scalps along the way, many of whom already had league experience. Luke only started riding at the Northside training track in 2013.
He comes highly recommended by British U21 Manager Neil Vatcher and will be an exciting addition to the Fen Tiger ranks.
Club Chairman Kevin Jolly was pleased to see his team building reaching fruition: “There are a lot of teams looking for two or three three pointers for next year, and we wanted to make sure we got sorted as soon as possible,” Jolly said.
You may also want to watch:
“Liam (Rumsey) we know is capable of scoring good points at home and stepping up his game away from West Row. He has been given the chance to come back to Mildenhall and he knows exactly what I expect from him.
“As one of the older team members I am looking for him to support the younger riders and be a good positive influence in the pits.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
Luke (Ruddick) is a young rider with a big future, he hasn’t been riding for long but has shown already he has talent.”