Crashes and bangs in store at Foxhall Stadium gala night
- Credit: Archant
Foxhall Stadium hosts the traditional Spedeworth Motorsports gala night on Saturday, featuring thrilling action on the track and a spectacular fireworks display, writes Dean Cox.
On the track, there will be Banger racing, the National 2.0ltr Saloon Stock Cars and the fast and furious Superstox.
In the bangers, 67 cars are are expected to do battle, with local drivers including Gareth Parker, Nathan and Craig Thurlow and Niki Jarvis all set to be in action in a field which has entrants from as far away as Holland.
Two additional racers for the bangers will be BBC Radio Suffolk’s Isaac Chenery and James Hazel, who will be taking part in a special charity race in aid of the BBC’s Children In Need.
Official collectors will be on hand all night for a great cause.
In the saloon stock cars, Saturday sees the grand final of their Shootout Series and with only 24 points between leader Willie Skoyles Junior and second-place Diggy Smith, it promises to be a fascinating clash.
Finally, the Superstox return to contest Round 17 of their Hoosier Racing Tyre Series. They never disappoint, and Ipswich races always seem to have an extra slice of spice.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
The popular fireworks display will then cap what looks set to be a dramatic and thrilling night of action at the famous old stadium.
Racing starts at 6, with turnstiles open at 3.30pm.