Ipswich JAFFA duo of Spencer and Hamblyn lead the way at Sizewell parkrun
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The inaugural Sizewell parkrun was a big success on Saturday, with a field of 214 runners, joggers and walkers tackling a 5K course near the nuclear power station.
There was a strong presence from Ipswich JAFFA, with club member Matt Spencer leading home the field in a time of 17mins 28secs for the one-lap route.
Scott Manning, of Framlingham Flyers, chalked up his 101st parkrun with 17:52 in second spot, ahead of Jason Marter, who ran his 112th parkrun in 18:16 for third. Marter has run most of his parkruns at Kesgrave.
Lowestoft Road Runners’ Tom Galley was fourth home in 18:39, at what was his 115th parkrun. Another regular parkrunner, Diss & District’s Ben Churchman, was fifth in 18:47 (at his 50th parkrun).
Meanwhile, JAFFA’s Rachel Hamblyn was the first female finisher and 14th overall in a time of 21:26. It was her 98th parkrun.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Wadland, representing Rayleigh RAT Runners, was second female in 23:06.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home