Flying Lawson denies Witches
Workington 51 Ipswich 39
RICHARD Lawson raced to an 18-pt maximum for Workington, as the Witches lost by 12 points in Cumbria.
The visitors from Suffolk were in this meeting throughout, but the Comets came good at the right times and a 5-1 maximum in heat 15 to the home side denied Ipswich even a point.
Taylor Poole, Kevin Doolan and Lasse Bjerre all scored 9 points.
FULL report in Saturday’s EADT and Evening Star.
You may also want to watch:
ON Sunday the Witches race another Premier League meeting at Rye House, 2pm start.
The Witches will use Kyle Howarth at reserve, but hope to have Mat Tresarrieu back.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12