Foxhall set for Unlimited National Bangers Championship of the World
- Credit: Archant
Foxhall Stadium hosts the Unlimited National Bangers Championship of the World this weekend, writes Dean Cox.
The event, on Saturday, sees drivers from across the country do battle, and even some from as far afield as Holland.
A huge grid will line up for the biggest banger race of the season, with the champion able to proudly boast the coveted gold roof on their car for the next 12 months.
In addition to the world final itself there are also four races at the start of the meeting for any driver who hasn’t qualified for the big race, with the winner of each taking their place on the world grid.
After a new world champion has been crowned there will be two allcomers races, where there is nothing to play for but pride, and the drivers can enjoy wrecking their cars.
You may also want to watch:
If there is anything still running, there is a showdown race with the opportunity to win £1,000 for the driver of the last car running.
Racing starts at 5pm and turnstiles open at 2pm for advance tickets.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences