Fram show fight but stay bottom after Brantham defeat
- Credit: Archant
Thurlow Nunn Premier Framlingham Town 0 Brantham Athletic 1 Jack Madley’s goal on the hour gave Brantham the three points against a battling Framlingham side who never gave up.
However, after this loss the Castlemen remain bottom of the division, seven points behind Gt Yarmouth Town.
The visitors pushed on in the early stages of the game before Fram’s Brooks and Danny Smith exchanged passes for Ransome who miscued his shot when in a good position.
Avenell tipped a Johnson header from a Ransome free kick for a corner as the home side had a good spell of play. As half-time approached Brantham looked dangerous and as Wood was put through on goal only a great tackle from Thorpe stopped the number nine in his tracks to end the half goalless.
Brantham’s Clarke had a shot go just wide of the post before they took the lead on 61 minutes; substitute Howells first contribution was a low cross for Madley to slot in from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Brooks then headed wide of the post from a Ransome cross before Mayhew’s crisp shot was well held by Avenell in the visitors’ goal.
A shot from Danny Smith late on looked to have been handled by a Brantham defender in the area but play was waved on and the visitors took all three points.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip