Frank Nouble has his contract terminated by Ipswich Town
- Credit: PA WIRE
Frank Nouble has become the latest Ipswich Town player to have his contract prematurely terminated by mutual agreement.
The 23-year-old striker – who scored four goals in 15 loan appearances for League One side Coventry in the first half of the season – arrived at Portman Road as a £25,000 signing from Wolves in January 2013.
Mick McCarthy and Terry Connor – his managers at Molineux – were determined to polish a rough diamond, the hard-working and powerful youngster having previously been at Chelsea, West Ham, West Brom, Swindon, Swansea, Barnsley, Charlton and Gillingham, never making more than a handful of starts for each.
He was in-and-out of the team at Portman Road though, scoring five goals in 26 starts and 34 substitute appearances over a season-and-a-half.
Town yesterday announced that Swiss defender Freddie Veseli – who has been on loan at League One side Port Vale – had reached a similar mutual agreement with the club to have his contract prematurely terminated.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Taylor and Anthony Wordsworth are also back at Portman Road after their loan spells at Championship rivals Rotherham came to end. McCarthy has said that the duo, who have had limited game time with Millers, do not have a future at Ipswich Town.
Young striker Jack Marriott has extended his loan spell with Conference club Woking.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk