Ex-Ipswich Town striker Frank Nouble signs for Colchester United
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Former Ipswich Town striker Frank Nouble is on his way back to the region after signing for Colchester United.
The powerful hitman, still only 26-years-old, was out of contract at Newport County, and the U’s pounced to bolster their attacking options.
He’s signed a two-year-deal with Colchester, subject to international clearance and paperwork approval.
Nouble, who scored ten goals for Newport last term, has played for a host of clubs in his career so far – 13 all told – including the likes of West Ham, Charlton, Coventry, Wolves and Gillingham.
The 6ft 3ins striker played 60 times for Town between January 2013 and November 2015, scoring five goals.
You may also want to watch:
Nouble, capped by England at under-17 and under-19 level, played in the Premier League for West Ham before starting his odyssey through the lower leagues.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses