“Freddie is not around the club at the moment” – John Ward
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward did not mince his words following his side’s heavy 3-0 defeat at Yeovil in last night’s Capital One Cup first round tie.
Ward admitted: “It was a huge disappointment in the way that we played really.
“We tried to play our sort of game and we haven’t done it quick enough or sharp enough. Yeovil have beaten us quite convincingly.
“We’ve got to make sure we pick ourselves up and move on our game quicker than we did tonight.
“We had enough of the ball, but we have defended quite poorly from set plays for their first two goals. We haven’t defended them very well at all.
“We didn’t go direct enough to try and get ourselves back in the game. We wanted to score the perfect goal and of course we ended up not scoring any,” added Ward.
Summer signing Freddie Sears was not in last night’s squad, for personal reasons.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
Ward confirmed: “Freddie is not around the club at the moment. I really can’t say whether we will have Freddie on the bus for this weekend (at Preston).
“He’s got a family situation that he’s got to look after and we haven’t spoken to him today. We have left him alone with that.”