Sears makes long-awaited return from injury for Town’s Under 23s... and Grant Ward’s playing too
- Credit: Archant
Freddie Sears makes his long-awaited return to action for Ipswich Town’s Under 23s this afternoon.
The forward has been out since suffering a knee ligament injury at Norwich in February, which later required surgery, but will make his playing return in an away game at Millwall this afternoon (1pm kick-off).
There is also a return for young striker Ben Morris, who suffered a similar injury in February and has been out since.
Also involved is Grant Ward, who will play as a trialist as part of his rehabilitation, which has been undertaken with Ipswich after he was released by the Blues in the summer.
Speakin last week, manager Paul Lambert played down the chances of Ward returning to the club on a permanent contract.
You may also want to watch:
"No, not really," the Town boss said when asked if Ward could re-sign. "That's not my thinking that one."
Ipswich Town U23: Przybek, O'Reilly, Fehrenbach, Ndaba, Clements, Gibbs, Ward (T), Hughes, Morris, Folami, Sears.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
Subs: Alley, Stewart, Foudil, K Brown, Scott.