Freddie Sears signs for Colchester United
FREDDIE Sears has signed for Colchester United!
Exciting attacker Sears, who had a two-month loan spell at the Weston Homes Community Stadium at the end of last term, has signed a three-year deal.
The 22-year-old recently left West Ham by mutual consent, with a year still remaining on his contract.
U’s boss John Ward enthused: I think this is a great deal for the supporters particularly, and the club in general.”
The arrival of Sears on a long-term permanent deal is a much-needed boost for the U’s, who had seen four of their most experienced players leave the club in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
While strikers Kayode Odejayi and Steven Gillespie have moved on, and defender Magnus Okuonghae and keeper Ben Williams have turned down new deals, the capture of Sears is a major coup for the Essex club.
He can play either up front, in a withdrawn role, or on the flank.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well