Freddie Sears stays on sidelines
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United will again have to make do without the services of leading scorer Freddie Sears, for their two Easter weekend fixtures.
Sears will miss tomorrow’s home game against promotion-chasing Bournemouth, and the Easter Monday trip to relegation rivals Oldham.
The former West Ham attacker has been troubled by a knee injury in recent weeks, although he should return for the U’s final five games of the season.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, manager Joe Dunne revealed: “Freddie will probably miss out for this weekend.
“He was back in training on Tuesday, but there’s no point in risking him for the next two matches.
“We don’t want to do anything stupid, because that might then rule out Freddie for the rest of the season,” added Dunne.
The U’s will also be without the suspended George Porter and the injured Tom Eastman, but otherwise Dunne has a strong squad to choose from, with striker Jabo Ibehre back after a three-game ban.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 6 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 7 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 8 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 9 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 10 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets