Freeze hits sports academy
As the cold bites, there is little to report on from the Sports Academy. However, as I pen this column the temperature seems to have risen slightly above zero so hopefully, the thaw will begin.
As the cold bites, there is little to report on from the Sports Academy.
However, as I pen this column the temperature seems to have risen slightly above zero so hopefully, the thaw will begin. If I was a real pessimist I could predict that the next thing will be waterlogged pitches!
I was reading with interest about the 1962/63 season when, after a very heavy snowfall over the Christmas period, the temperature remained below freezing for 12 weeks. Sporting events never really got going again until early March.
You may also want to watch:
And remember that was an era when Health and Safety didn't rule. Hopefully, we will not have a repeat of that and the temperature will continue to climb.
Already this week's fixtures against Hartpury College (home for the rugby lads and away for the male footballers) have been postponed but there seems to be some light at the end the of tunnel.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
The girls are poised to travel to Hull College for the Quarter Final of the ESFA Colleges Cup. Hull has a '3G'grass pitch and are hopeful that they can get the game on. Should we win it will be another away trip for the girls with the semi final opponents guaranteed to be Accrington.
Team Bury will be hoping for a break in the weather with the Suffolk Senior Cup Quarter Final away at Coplestonians rescheduled for Saturday 16 January.