Full back Harding scoops two awards
DAN Harding last night scooped two awards in the Ipswich Town Player of the Year presentations.The Blues defender, who joined Ipswich from Leeds as apart of the deal that took Ian Westlake the other way, won the E.
By Derek Davis
DAN Harding last night scooped two awards in the Ipswich Town Player of the Year presentations.
The Blues defender, who joined Ipswich from Leeds as apart of the deal that took Ian Westlake the other way, won the E.ON and East Anglian Daily Times Player of the Year accolade for his consistent display in his first season at Portman Road.
Harding followed that up by taking the vote as the boxholders and sponsors player of the year. The 23-year-old accepted the E.ON and EADT award from football writer Derek Davis and the power company marketing director Mike Thompson at the glittering ceremony at Trinity Park, Ipswich. Fellow defenders Jason De Vos and Alex Bruce were runners-up for the trophy awarded for the average mark over the season given in the EADT after each game.
You may also want to watch:
Harding said: “The main thing I wanted when I came to Ipswich Town was to play regular football and Jim Magilton has given me that chance.
“I'm delighted to win these awards because it shows the consistency I have been looking for, although I know I still have more to give.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
Sylvain Legwinski also took his second award of the season with the Players' Player of the Year prize being added to the official Supporters Club trophy he won last month.
Jaime Peters won the Most Improved Player of the Year, chosen by Jim Magilton and his coaching staff, while the Harold Smith Trophy for Most Improved Academy Player went to the hard-working and skilful midfielder-cum-centre-half Ollie Fenn. Tommy Smith won the Dale Roberts' Academy Player of the Year which was awarded at the supporters' ceremony last month.
The E.ON and EADT Player of the Year: Dan Harding.
Players' player of the season: Sylvain Legwinski.
Corporate customers, boxholders and sponsors player of the season: Dan Harding.
Goal of the season: Gavin Williams (for his goal against Leeds at home on December 16, 2006).
Most improved player of the season: Jaime Peters.
The Harold Smith award for the Most improved Academy Player of the Season: Ollie Fenn.