GALLERY: Colchester United 0 Notts County 4
This was as desperate as it gets, crashing to a 4-0 defeat at home to the division’s bottom club.
Colchester United served up a dismal performance, lacking in cohesion, belief, quality or any sort of conviction.
The Magpies, who began the day rock bottom of League One, rose off the bottom rung by completely crushing the woeful U’s.
It was like watching a horror movie! Joe Dunne’s men were beaten into submission, sunk by first-half goals from Jack Grealish and Morgan Fox, and then demoralised by late goals from Callum McGregor and Gary Liddell.
There were a chorus of boos, from home supporters, both at half-time and at the final whistle. And you couldn’t blame them for showing their displeasure – they had been let down by their team.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s are still three points and three places clear of the relegation zone, but on Saturday they played like a relegation team.
The challenge will now be to pick these players up, ahead of a very busy and very important Christmas period.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks