GALLERY & REPORT: Colchester United 0 Bradford City 2
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Colchester United’s long wait for back-to-back home wins continues, after a below-par display against Phil Parkinson’s Bradford City on Tuesday.
The U’s have not claimed successive home victories for 17 months, harking back to October, 2012, but hopes were high following last Saturday’s battling 2-1 win over Coventry City.
However, Bradford were good value for their three points, thanks to a goal in each half by James Hanson and Kyle Bennett.
Target man Hanson, a big handful all night, broke the deadlock with a close-range header from Nathan Doyle’s 15th minute corner.
And Bennett doubled the lead in the 56th minute. Sam Walker conceded an unnecessary throw-in, and a poor header by Craig Eastmond allowed Bennett to burst through and fire low past Walker into the far corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
There was no way back for the U’s.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
COLCHESTER: Walker, Wilson, Okuonghae, Eastman, Dickson, Wright (sub Eastmond, 46), Bean (sub Gilbey, 75), Massey, Sears, Watt, Morrison (sub Bonne, 75). Unused subs: Cousins, Olufemi, Vose, Sesay.
BRADFORD: McLaughlin, Darby, Davies, McArdle, Drury (sub McHugh, 86), Doyle, Dolan, Bennett (sub Thompson, 80), Reach, Mclean, Hanson. Unused subs: Bentley, Gray, Yeates, Bates, Atkinson.
Referee: Dean Whitestone (Northants)