GALLERY & REPORT: Colchester United 0 Bradford City 2
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Colchester United’s long wait for back-to-back home wins continues, after a below-par display against Phil Parkinson’s Bradford City on Tuesday.
The U’s have not claimed successive home victories for 17 months, harking back to October, 2012, but hopes were high following last Saturday’s battling 2-1 win over Coventry City.
However, Bradford were good value for their three points, thanks to a goal in each half by James Hanson and Kyle Bennett.
Target man Hanson, a big handful all night, broke the deadlock with a close-range header from Nathan Doyle’s 15th minute corner.
And Bennett doubled the lead in the 56th minute. Sam Walker conceded an unnecessary throw-in, and a poor header by Craig Eastmond allowed Bennett to burst through and fire low past Walker into the far corner of the net.
There was no way back for the U’s.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 4 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
COLCHESTER: Walker, Wilson, Okuonghae, Eastman, Dickson, Wright (sub Eastmond, 46), Bean (sub Gilbey, 75), Massey, Sears, Watt, Morrison (sub Bonne, 75). Unused subs: Cousins, Olufemi, Vose, Sesay.
BRADFORD: McLaughlin, Darby, Davies, McArdle, Drury (sub McHugh, 86), Doyle, Dolan, Bennett (sub Thompson, 80), Reach, Mclean, Hanson. Unused subs: Bentley, Gray, Yeates, Bates, Atkinson.
Referee: Dean Whitestone (Northants)