Girls U18 National Cup
Girls Under 18 National CupHarleston Magpies 3 Canterbury 3 (Harleston Magpies won 4-3 on penalty flicks)Harleston Magpies Under 18 Girls reached the last eight of the National Cup after equalising in the last 20 seconds and then winning on sudden death penalty flicks.
Girls Under 18 National Cup
Harleston Magpies 3 Canterbury 3 (Harleston Magpies won 4-3 on penalty flicks)
Harleston Magpies Under 18 Girls reached the last eight of the National Cup after equalising in the last 20 seconds and then winning on sudden death penalty flicks.
Magpies made a poor start after conceding a goal within three minutes due to poor marking, but Jess Bloom levelled the scores after 17 minutes. Canterbury were back in front after 25 minutes and went in at half time with a 2-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Coulson quickly levelled the scores with a reverse stick shot but Magpies were soon trailing 3-2 after conceding a penalty flick. Magpies showed real character as they increasingly took the game to Canterbury. As they went in search of the equaliser time seemed to be running out, but Jess Bloom made it 3-3 with a deserved late gasp effort.
After the first round of penalty flicks the scores were level at 3-3 and on sudden death flicks Artemis Clark scored and Canterbury missed their final effort.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town