Young athlete Gladwell wins three medals at European Championships
- Credit: Archant
Young Suffolk athlete Elliot Gladwell has returned home from the European Biathle Championships with a three-medal haul.
Gladwell, just 13, competed for the Great Britain Under 15 team at the event in Weiden, Germany. Biathle is a continuous run-swim-run event and serves as a popular sub sport for the modern pentathlon.
And Gladwell, a member of the Ipswich Harriers, finished a close second in the individual event – 800m run, 100m swim and 800m run) just behind his fellow GB team mate Michael Gar. The U15 boys won the team gold.
And later the same day the Ipswich School pupil was back in action in the mixed relay.
His parner Issy Nicholls set him up perfectly to secure team gold in front of the teams from Belarus and the Czech Republic, meaning Gladwell came home with two golds and a silver.
You may also want to watch:
He’ll be in the same age category next year too, so has high hopes of more success in 2019.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism