Glenn Driver pleased with Leiston’s point against Dulwich Hamlet
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leiston boss Glenn Driver was pleased with a point on Saturday.
The Blues had to twice come from behind to get anything from a scintillating game against play-off chasing Dulwich Hamlet.
Driver said: “We had to come from behind twice against a top Dulwich side who passed the ball very well.
“They put us on the back foot a lot in the second half, but I thought we deserved a point.
“We had to hang in there at times and Jacob (Marsden) pulled off a world-class save, but it’s definitely a point gained for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt Blake’s goals - his 33rd and 34th of the season - saw Leiston grab a share of the spoils, and Driver said: “He’s a goalscorer, his work-rate alongside Niko Muir’s is superb. If we can keep them fit, I think we can keep in and among the play-offs.”
Leiston host Folkestone Invicta tomorrow evening.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base