Goalkeeper Liam Jones re-joins Needham Market
LIAM Jones last night re-signed for Needham Market - two years after leaving the club.
Jones was replaced by Danny Gay, who helped Needham to win promotion from the Ridgeons League, and signed for fellow Premier Division side Felixstowe & Walton United instead.
However, he left the Seasiders in the summer to join Division One side Debenham LC, but turned out for Needham in last Saturday’s 4-1 win at home to Maldon & Tiptree in Division One of Ryman League Division One North for what was expected to be a one-off appearance.
But after yesterday cancelling the contract of keeper Andrew Plummer by mutual consent, Needham moved swiftly to re-sign Jones.
Andy Gould, the club’s director of football, said: “We are greatly indebted to both manager Dale Vince and Debenham LC for their co-operation in allowing us to sign Liam.”
Meanwhile, Sam Newson is back in the Needham Market squad for the first time in five weeks for tomorrow’s Ryman League Division One North match at Soham Town Rangers.
Newson has made a speedy recovery from the knee injury which he sustained against Chatham on December 10 - the day before he was due to travel to Kent for a four-day trial with League Two side Gillingham.
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
With the return of Newson and double signing of Lee McGlone and Tommy Smith last week, emerging Needham striker Luke Wade has been allowed to join Ridgeons League Premier Division side Hadleigh United on loan.