Good crowd expected to see Unicorns face Essex
A GOOD-SIZED crowd is expected at Bury St Edmunds to see the Unicorns face Essex in the Clydesdale Bank 40 group game on Sunday.
The match, which is taking place at the Victory Ground, starting at 1.45pm, will be the first time that Essex have played a competitive match in Suffolk for 18 years.
Paul Whittaker, vice-chairman of Bury St Edmunds Cricket Club and one of the organisers, said: “Tickets are continuing to sell well. With Essex, Intersport and Unicorns all adding to the number we have sold, we will certainly have a good crowd so I recommend people arrive early to get the best spots as there are no reserved seats.”
The Unicorns, whose squad is drawn from players without full-time contracts at one of the first-class counties, are in their second season of playing in the competition.
Last season the team of Minor County, university, recreational and club cricketers recorded victories against three first-class counties.
You may also want to watch:
This season they have again been competitive in each of their three matches, despite losing to Somerset by four wickets, Lancashire by 20 runs and Gloucestershire by 24 runs.
Tickets brought in advance for Sunday’s match are priced �10 for adults and �5 for under-16s or over-65s or �24 for a family ticket (two adults and two under-16s).
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
Prices on the day of the match will be �15 for adults, �8 for concessions and �35 for a family ticket.
Car parking will cost an additional �3.
Tickets are available through the club from David Barker on 01449 781286 or email email@example.com.
They can also be purchased from the Intersport shop in Whiting Street, Bury St Edmunds or via either www.essexcricket.org.uk or www.unicorns40.co.uk.
Spectators can take their own chairs or rug. There will be a cash bar and freshly prepared food available.