Gorham joy at Ransomes success
RANSOMES manager Peter Gorham said that victory in the final of the Omnico Cup is certain to lead to bigger and better things at the club.He said: “We deserved to win, although Grundisburgh put us under pressure for the last 20 minutes.
RANSOMES manager Peter Gorham said that victory in the final of the Omnico Cup is certain to lead to bigger and better things at the club.
He said: “We deserved to win, although Grundisburgh put us under pressure for the last 20 minutes.
“It was a great team performance and there is plenty of spirit in the squad.
“We laid the gauntlet down before the start, and did the business on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“I was left speechless as this has been a long time coming for me.
“We have some excellent young players at the club and we are about to go places. This is the icing on the cake after a lot of hard work over the last nine months.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
Micky Squirrell, the joint Grundisburgh manager with Kevin Cunningham, praised Ransomes for their defending.
“Andrew Jacobs was superb at the back for Ransomes and they defended well and were very resolute,” he said.
“We had a lot of the ball in the first half but didn't create too much.
“Ransomes' goal was a good one and it was a close game that could have gone the other way.
“It has still been a good season for us and we are proud of what we have achieved.”