‘He is influencing the game more and more’ - Swansea boss Potter on former Blue Celina
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Swansea boss Graham Potter believes his side are beginning to see the best of former Ipswich loanee Bersant Celina.
The Kosovan, who spent last season at Portman Road on loan from Manchester City, had been a regular for the Swans prior to suffering an ankle injury but is now back in the side.
He’s yet to open his account in a white shirt, but Potter has been pleased with his contribution.
“Bersant is an important player for us,” said the Swans manager.
“We are happy with him and how he has settled in.
“I think there’s more to come from him – I am sure he would say the same – but he is influencing the game more and more for us.
“He is still young but I think people can see his qualities and his attributes.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
“He has a great desire to play football and it is nice to work with someone like that.”
Celina played 38 games for Ipswich, scoring eight goals.
Swansea also have former Ipswich loanee Cameron Carter-Vickers in their ranks, but the Tottenham youngster has only made two appearances for his new club since joining on a temporary deal in August.