Guy's first senior goal is not enough
West Brom 2 Colchester 1JAMIE Guy scored his first ever senior goal, but it wasn't enough to prevent Colchester United from sliding to another defeat in the Championship.
By Carl Marston
West Brom 2 Colchester 1
JAMIE Guy scored his first ever senior goal, but it wasn't enough to prevent Colchester United from sliding to another defeat in the Championship.
Hosts West Brom were in complete control in a one-sided first-half, and they were good value for their two-goal lead. Nathan Ellington stroked home a 10th minute penalty, and Ronnie Wallwork drilled home a second in the 41st minute.
You may also want to watch:
The Baggies looked on course for a big victory, but Geraint Williams' men improved beyond recognition after the break.
Guy appeared as an 82nd minute substitute, and he halved the deficit just a few seconds later. The teenage striker pounced onto Kevin Watson's cross to smash home a glorious shot from eight yards out.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
However, the U's could not conjure up an equaliser during the closing minutes, and so have now lost their first four matches in the Championship, three of them by a 2-1 scoreline.