Guy's loan deal terminated
CONTROVERSIAL striker Jamie Guy has returned to Colchester United.The 22-year-old joined League Two side joined Port Vale on loan last month and was due to stay there until January.
CONTROVERSIAL striker Jamie Guy has returned to Colchester United.
The 22-year-old joined League Two side joined Port Vale on loan last month and was due to stay there until January.
However - after making just one start and five substitute appearances for Micky Adams' side - the deal has been terminated following another alleged unsavoury incident.
Vale had taken a big gamble in bringing Guy to the club in October, just weeks after he pleaded guilty to threatening behaviour towards his girlfriend on a night out in Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
They were the fourth set of court proceedings against Guy within the past two-and-a-half years following earlier charges for drink-driving and another public order offence.
And Guy, despite his new surroundings, found himself back in the courts once again soon after arriving at Port Vale following an alleged racist remark made to an off-duty police officer in Hanley city centre.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
Neither club have made any further comment on Guy's situation, apart from posting a short statement on their official websites which states that the striker's loan switch has been cut short with immediate effect.
Guy has trained with the rest of the U's squad today.