Hadleigh Rugby Club to drop down
HADLEIGH are to be dropped from London League Division Three North East after cancelling this weekend's match against Diss.The troubled club have now missed the maximum of three league games this season, as they were unable to field a full squad.
HADLEIGH are to be dropped from London League Division Three North East after cancelling this weekend's match against Diss.
The troubled club have now missed the maximum of three league games this season, as they were unable to field a full squad. The future for the Layham Road side was due to be decided at an EGM last night. They face playing in either the Suffolk or Eastern Counties leagues next season, following what has been a very difficult time for the club.
Chairman John Halls said: “If not this weekend, it would have been highly unlikely that we would have been able to meet all of our remaining fixtures.
“Rugby will continue in Hadleigh, and we will continue to rebuild the club.
You may also want to watch:
“We are in talks with the Suffolk RU, and both Andy Sarek and Brian Williams have been a huge help to us.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Crash between two motorbikes