Clements breaks course record at Kesgrave parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we focus on the Kesgrave parkrun, which featured a course record
Kirean Clements broke his own course record and, in the process, clocked the fastest time for a parkrun over the weekend, thanks to his scorching effort at the 227th staging of the Kesgrave parkrun.
Suffolk athlete Clements, a member of Shaftsbury Barnet, flew around the fast, flat course in a very impressive 14mins 32secs, despite some mud underfoot.
This clipped two seconds off Clements’ own course record for the 5K Kesgrave challenge, posted in July, 2017. Clements is originally from Hadleigh.
James Reeder, of Bath Tri Club, was second in 16:36 as a total of 302 runners, joggers and walkers turned up to enjoy the last parkrun before Christmas, many of them in fancy-dress.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Last (Fram Flyers) was third in 17:10, followed by Ipswich Harriers’ Thomas Adams (17:33) and Tom Fairbrother (17:38). Jayne Chappells, of Kesgrave Kruisers, was the first female in 21:02. Emile Wix was second in 21:11.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw