Hadleigh United host Sporting Bengal in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Hadleigh United host a team well known to Suffolk non-league fans, in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Saturday.
Sporting Bengal are the visitors to the Millfield, having defeated Ipswich Wanderers, in Suffolk, in a replay last season.
The Brettsiders have not had the best of pre-seasons, losing to SIL sides Achilles and Crane Sports, but assistant manager Andrew Crisp, hopes the team can put that behind them today.
“It’s been difficult as we have not had players available and others have been injured, and it will be good to have a settled side this year,” he said.
“But results are not key in pre-season, game-time and minutes are and we are looking forward to the game.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We don’t know much about them but it is extremely important from a financial point-of-view, for a club like Hadleigh to have a good cup run.
“It can be lucrative, but we do not base our budget on a cup run.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions