Hadleigh United snap up Duane Wright
THURLOW NUNN LEAGUE Premier Division Hadleigh United have wasted no time in re-signing former skipper Duane Wright, after he was released by Needham Market.
The 29-year-old, who played for Whitton United prior to joining Hadleigh, scored 20 goals in 84 appearances in his two seasons with Needham Market in Ryman League Division One North.
Hadleigh United’s central defender Mark Goldfinch was rewarded with two awards after a successful first season at the Millfield after moving from Leiston last summer.
Goldfinch received the supporters’ player of the year trophy and also the players’ player award at the presentation evening which took the form of a barbecue at the Millfield last Saturday.
The manager’s award went to Ollie Brown, who missed the closing weeks of the season with injury. Brown joined Hadleigh from Whitton United at the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Prizewinners for Hadleigh Reserves were Michael Barwick, Harry Evans and Damon Artiss while the under 18 winners were Harry Evans, with two awards and Damon Artiss. The clubman of the year was Chris Towell who is groundsman and programme editor.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight