Hampton in escape to final victory
TWO road races promoted by the Maldon & District CC at Steeple in Essex rounded off the mass start season.
In the 65-mile race for higher category riders the winner was Russell Hampton (Sprocket Pro Cycling) who was until recently a full time racer with British Cycling’s squad in Italy.
Hampton crossed to an early break and eventually forged on alone. Roger Maidment (East London Velo) took second place, lifting himself into the runner-up spot in the Eastern Road Race League individual rankings.
Malcolm Smith (St Ives CC) , Dom Schils (Van Eyck Sport) and Phil Hetzel (IBC) took the next three places.
Third and fourth category roadmen had a separate 43-mile race starting a few minutes later on the same circuit.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Windsor (East London Velo) was the winner here, at the head of six escapees.
Time trialists in East District clubs are reminded that claims for the 2010 East District CA Best All-Rounder Competitions should be with Vikki Reynolds, 33 Heath Crescent, Norwich NR6 6XF by October 31.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash