Harleston 3 Broxbourne 3
Premier AHarleston 3 Broxbourne 3Harleston entertained a strong Broxbourne side at home this weekend. Broxbourne started the better side as Harleston struggled to string passes together, not maintaining possession well.
Harleston 3 Broxbourne 3
Harleston entertained a strong Broxbourne side at home this weekend.
Broxbourne started the better side as Harleston struggled to string passes together, not maintaining possession well. Broxbourne pushed high trying to force Harleston into a mistake, but Harleston were the first to score through a short corner which was converted at the back post by a diving Neil Toulson.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston continued to press and were unlucky not to double their lead when a shot flashed inches past the post. With the game getting more heated cards were started to be shown and Harleston were reduced to ten men when Leigh Sitch was sent off for a clinical foul. Despite this set back Harleston held onto their lead until half time.
A minute into the second half Broxbourne equalised with a short corner of their own which just sneaked in. Harleston were still struggling to play their passing game and this invited Broxbourne to pressurise them. Broxbourne took the lead following a quick free hit which caught the Harleston defence napping.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
This goal spurred Harleston on who pushed forward in numbers looking for the equaliser which they eventually found when Andy Hipwell's shot took a deflection in the circle to leave the Broxbourne keeper with no chance.
Harleston did not hang on to their lead long as Broxbourne were awarded a penalty flick which they converted. Harleston had to throw caution to the wind and go all out for the win and, with time running out, Neil Toulson popped up at the back post again to score with a reverse stick dive. With one minute left Harleston nearly snatched the game but the final shot was just wide.
Next week Harleston travel to third place Blue Harts in what will be a very tough game.