Harleston IV 3 Lowestoft Railway 2
Norfolk Womens League Division OneHarleston Magpies IV 3 Lowestoft Railway 2Magpies began their last game of the season confidently, enjoying the majority of possession and creating many chances.
Norfolk Womens League Division One
Harleston Magpies IV 3 Lowestoft Railway 2
Magpies began their last game of the season confidently, enjoying the majority of possession and creating many chances.
However, when the hosts conceded a penalty flick early into the first half it could have all been so very different. Luckily for Magpies, Lowestoft put it wide and the game continued.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after however, Lowestoft were awarded a short corner and they capitalised on this chance, converting after a straight strike at the far post. Lowestoft scored again just before half time through a stunning individual effort from their captain on the outside of the D.
Magpies remained composed and perseverant after the break, which eventually paid off when Mel Beevor, through on goal, dodged the keeper only to have her first effort saved, scoring on the rebound.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
Magpies then played with confidence, passing well and were awarded a short corner moments later. Captain Georgie Bore moved up from her usual role as sweeper to take prime position on the edge of the D. Such movement paid off as Bore scored her first goal with a superb strike, evening the scores at 2-2.
Magpies continued to defend well, resulting in fluent and assured hockey. Their effort finally paid off as player of the match Mel Beevor finished a team effort, securing the victory for Magpies.