Harleston Mag II 1 Wapping 2
NE14Hockey East Men's League
Harleston Magpies II 1 Wapping 2
HARELSTON II's suffered their first home defeat in over two seasons at the hands of Wapping who are top of the table.
In a tight first half both teams created good chances but a good display of goalkeeping and missed chances saw that at the break the scores were deadlocked at 0-0.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Magpies fell behind after the ball at the top of the 'D' was not cleared and the Wapping forward buried the ball into the bottom corner leaving the keeper no chance. Once behind Magpies never restarted and found themselves 2-0 down from a penalty corner. Magpies found a way back into the game with three minutes to go when Ben Wright found space at the edge of the circle and fired home into the top corner from a tight angle.
Man of the Match was Lawrence Baynes who was a key figure in everything good Magpies did today. With that defeat Magpies are now third in Premier B six points behind leaders Wapping and two points behind Cambridge City. Next week Magpies travel to Long Sutton who are level on points with Magpies in fourth place on goal difference
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival