National Indoor Hockey Championships
Men’s Division One
HARLESTON Magpies Men’s indoor team travelled to Birmingham for the first of two weekends competing in the National Indoor Hockey Championships Men’s Division One 2010/11.
Last indoor season back in January 2010 saw Harleston relegated from the top flight of National indoor hockey the Premier league.
Harleston had a good weekend which has left them top of the table with nine points. This is still a very tight league though with all teams down to sixth position still in contention.
Harleston Magpies 7 Doncaster 4
Harleston started well on the first day managing to overcome a very strong Doncaster side. The victory seemed never in doubt as magpies got a couple of goals up early on leaving Doncaster chasing the game from then on. This was an end to end game with both sides working hard creating lots of chances.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
Team Bath Buccaneers 5 Harleston Magpies 6
Against Bath Harleston found them behind early on as Bath dominated the early part of the game. Magpie had to show true grit and determination to pull themselves back from behind.
They did however mange to get themselves back in front and even threatening to pull two goals clear but were unable too. Harleston saw out the final stages to grind out a 5-6 win
Harleston Magpies 3 Barford Tigers 5
Barford started well against Magpies getting themselves a couple of goals up early as they dominated the early part of the game. Harleston then came more into it as there play improved chances were being created but also being missed. Barford lead 0 – 2 going into the break.
In the second half Harleston threw everything at Barford as they played effectively on the break. Harleston played well in the second half but just could not convert their chances.
Havant 0 Harleston Magpies 2
Harleston dominated this game from start to finish but again could not convert more of their chances. Havant were well organised and create their own chances but Harleston looked comfortable winners with a rare indoor clean sheet for Marc Lloyd in goal.