Harlow II 0 IES IV 2
Division 7SEHarlow II 0 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2 Ipswich East Suffolk IV recorded victory at Harlow despite starting the game with just eight players.
Harlow II 0 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2
Ipswich East Suffolk IV recorded victory at Harlow despite starting the game with just eight players.
In an incident echoing an IES trip to Harlow two years ago, four players were late to the match after hitting traffic on the M11. Five minutes into the match the missing contingent arrived with the scores still 0-0 and they remained that way until the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the balance tip in the visitor's favour as Whelpton converted a chance played in to his path by his strike partner for the day, Keedle.
IES notched up a second from a short corner strike from Bentley and, although Harlow pressed hard throughout the last 15 minutes, the defence remained tight and focussed.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
This was an outstanding defensive performance with senior player Woolgar and the impeccable understudy keeper Gooch the pick of the players.
This win builds on a hard won point last week at home to the league leaders Harwich. Whiting scored a sizzler from a penalty corner and Keedle completed the brace with an expertly taken flick.