Ipswich hockey duo George Pinner and Harry Martin picked for Commonwealth Games
- Credit: Grant Treeby
Suffolk hockey stars George Pinner and Harry Martin will be going for gold with England at the Commonwealth Games in Australia next month.
The Olympians are both included in the 18-man squad which will head to the Gold Coast having won silver at the recent Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia.
The duo both won bronze with England at the last Commonwealth Games in Glasgow back in 2014.
England will face Malaysia, Pakistan, Wales and India in pool B with the top two sides qualifying for the semi-finals with the men’s final taking place on April 14.
Head coach Bobby Crutchley said: “We couldn’t be more excited for the Commonwealth Games in Australia. As a squad we have been training very hard and very well.
You may also want to watch:
“We start with a tough opening match against Malaysia and we are very much focused on that and making the semi-finals and ultimately looking to win a medal.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 10 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies