Havering IV 4 IES IV 2
NE14HOCKEY East LeagueDivision 6SEHavering IV 4 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2Ipswich East Suffolk IV did not have the stamina to hold onto a two-goal lead at Havering IV on Saturday.
NE14HOCKEY East League
Havering IV 4 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2
Ipswich East Suffolk IV did not have the stamina to hold onto a two-goal lead at Havering IV on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The depleted IES team saw Reed come out of retirement for a spot in centre midfield, while ice hockey player Millichip made his debut in goal.
IES started the game well, right-back Black assisting in both of the opening moves that Whepton finished within the first ten minutes.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Havering's young side were then reduced to ten after a yellow card, but reacted to the set back by pulling one back and then slotting in a second before half time to bring the scores level.
A fine save from Millichip in the second half saw the rebound kicked off the line. The resulting flick was almost saved by Millichip as Havering took the lead.
Whittaker and Whelpton strove valiantly to restore the balance, but IES seemed to tire and Havering found a fourth to take the game beyond reach, the same Havering player scoring all four of his sides goals.