Heath flies the nest to Seagulls
COLCHESTER United centre-half Matt Heath has signed on a month's loan at League One rivals Brighton.Heath will be eligible to make his Seagulls debut at Bristol Rovers tomorrow night.
COLCHESTER United centre-half Matt Heath has signed on a month's loan at League One rivals Brighton.
Heath will be eligible to make his Seagulls debut at Bristol Rovers tomorrow night. The 27-year-old former Leeds defender has made just 11 league appearances for the U's this season, and started just one game since the turn of the year, in the 1-0 home defeat by Southend.
He is behind the likes of Paul Reid, Pat Baldwin and Chris Coyne in the centre-half pecking order.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, skipper Dean Hammond is hoping to return to the U's side at Huddersfield tomorrow, after missing Saturday's 1-1 draw against Hartlepool due to a sore hamstring.
Keeper Dean Gerken is also in the squad, following his recall from Darlington over the weekend, although Jimmy Walker's loan spell does not expire until after the Huddersfield game.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge