Heybridge Swifts cut wage bill
- Credit: Archant
Heybridge Swifts boss Jody Brown has been dealt a massive blow, with the club announcing a significant wage bill cut.
The Essex side sit bottom of the Ryman North Division before tomorrow’s clash against Phoenix Sports, and Brown’s task to lead them to safety has now become significantly harder, with news of the club’s budget.
A disappointed, but understanding Brown said: “With the predicament we are in, it is not very helpful, but I do understand the reasons behind the decision.
“It is a sensible one, and it makes our task more of a challenge.
“I have to turn negative news into positive news though. The players have been announced the news as a group, and they have initially taken it well.
“I’m under no illusions that some players might leave once the reality sets in, but I’m hoping that the news can bring the group of players closer together.”
See tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper for more information as well as a full round-up of all the other non-league fixtures.
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 9 Cook's strongman act, vacancies to fill and a new challenger - Town face Barrow
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight