Heybridge Swifts drawn away to Haringey Borough in FA Cup
Heybridge Swifts have been drawn away to Haringey Borough in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Jody Brown’s in-form side, who have enjoyed a terrific start to the season, are just one match away from reaching the first round proper of the Cup, when they would be in the hat with such clubs as Charlton, Portsmouth, Blackburn and near-neighbours Colchester United.
The Swifts beat Frome Town 2-1 at Scraley Road in Saturday’s third qualifying round, having defeated Haverhill Rovers, Arlesey Town and Met Police in previous rounds.
In fact, the Essex club have only lost one match all season, beaten 3-2 at AFC Sudbury in the Bostik North in their last league outing. They have won their other five league fixtures.
Now they will their fancy their chances against Haringey, who are also from the Bostik North.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Chelmsford City have been drawn away at Bath City.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash