Heybridge Swifts hit Romford for nine
Heybridge Swifts 9 Romford 1
Heybridge Swifts romped to a remarkable 9-1 victory over bottom club Romford in a dreadfully one-sided Bostik North clash at Scraley Road tonight.
The rampant Swifts were 7-0 up at the break, never looking back from the moment that Luke Callander converted a third minute penalty.
Juan Luque doubled the lead on 13 minutes, while a brace from Harrison Chatting (19 & 44), another quickfire brace by Kreschnic Krasniqi (34 & 41) and an effort by Ryan Henshaw put Jody Brown’s men into seventh heaven by half-time.
Chiduben Onokwai netted a consolation for Romford in the 74th minute, only for centre-half Henshaw to put the hosts 8-1 up with his second of the night just two minutes later.
New signing James Baker, on as a substitute, bagged the ninth in the 78th minute.
The Swifts remain in 12th spot, but have seven or eight games in hand over many of their rivals, and are now 15 points away from the top five.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role