Heybridge Swifts part company with Keith Wilson
- Credit: www.heybridgeswifts.com
Heybridge Swifts have today parted company with manager Keith Wilson.
Wilson only took charge at Scraley Road in July following a move from Burnham Ramblers, but struggled to get the desired results for the Essex side, who sit in a precarious 20th-position in the Ryman North Division.
In a season of struggle, Wilson’s fate was sealed following a 3-0 away defeat to Wroxham on Tuesday evening, Swifts’ 11th league defeat of the season.
In a statement released on their club website earlier today, Heybridge chairman Nick Bowyer said: “It is extremely disappointing that things have not worked out for Keith. However, he will always be made welcome at Scraley Road.
“I would like to wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his honesty, integrity and the hard work he has put into the role. I’m sure he will be back involved in football management soon.”
You may also want to watch:
Director of football Wayne Bond will be taking over in the interim period until the club appoint a permanent successor to Wilson, with Bond set to take charge of affairs this coming Saturday when Tilbury visit in league action.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children