Heybridge Swifts’ play-off hopes ended at Haringey Borough
Haringey Borough 2 Heybridge Swifts 0
Heybridge Swifts’ terrific season came to an end with a 2-0 defeat at Haringey Borough in tonight’s Bostik North play-off semi-final, in front of a crowd of 442 at Coles Park.
The Swifts had an early chance with Joe Gardner side-footing wide, but Borough hit the bar on 11 minutes when Anthony McDonald’s header struck the woodwork.
Ahmed Abdulla did well to clear Ralston Gabriel’s header off the goal-line on 15 minutes, as the hosts forced the issue.
And Borough went in front in the 21st minute, Jorge Djassi-Sambu finding the back of the net with a slick finish.
You may also want to watch:
Before half-time, Juan Luque was close to an equaliser with a shot from distance which curled wide.
Krasniqi and Gardner peppered the target early in the second half before Djassi-Sambu doubled the lead with a towering header in the 71st minute to seal the Swifts’ fate.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk